Fitbit Ionic/Versa beta integration

Yes, I mean after first snooze, the alarms vibrate on the fitbit ionic. Therefore I have all alarm settings you mentioned enabled on the phone itself.

Unfortunately thereā€™s no API for that sensor :frowning:
See https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-SpO2-Sensor-to-SDK/idi-p/3086895

Iā€™ve made a port to new SDK, works fine in my Versa 3.

I think there are some bugs related to vibrations even in the older version, Iā€™ve handled some in the pull request linked above, if someone can try the fixes in older devices, it would be nice.

2 Likes

@3v1n0 this is totally unexpected, thank you very much! Iā€™m on looking through and merging, once merged, Iā€™ll publish it to Fitbit GAM - review times in there are quite long, could take up to two weeks, but weā€™ll have a direct link to download the app right away.

2 Likes

Well, opensource beauty :slight_smile:

@jiri-urbandroid, Iā€™ve to say that tonight Iā€™ve noticed a crash of the companion making everything to stopā€¦
The logs are at https://www.pastery.net/skfvdj/ if it can help, even though it looks like there are no app logs but only companion parts.
Not sure if you can get more infos from those.

The fixes for SDK4 watches (Ionic, Versa, Versa Lite, Versa 2) by @3v1n0 have been published and approved, so they should be on your watches already.

The version for Versa 3/Sense has been submitted to the Fitbit app gallery but not approved yet. It should be currently available at the usual link: https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/app/90650cd6-76fa-40db-a747-240ac7da8a02

Fitbit has been quick with approving the sdk4 fixes (3 days I think) so hopefully the sdk5 version for your new watches should be available during the next week.

Woohoo and big big thanks to @3v1n0!

1 Like

I think Iā€™m sometimes getting the same issue, Iā€™ve reported the details and logs in this github issue, however it looks like that the watchapp isnā€™t doing anything particularly wrong.

@Martin_Strell have you tried to use the 3.30 one (or 3.29) and see if those work properly (places such as softpedia have them all)?

Good, I might have few reiterations to do in the sdk5 versions, as for example Iā€™m not sure that the Hearth sensor is reporting at times (for example, look at this, even though I had no answer looks like the logs arenā€™t reporting hrd if not lowering the batch number to something like 250).

I use the fitbit version 3.32. Not sure how long it was released.
I remember last year in September there was a similar issue with version 2.9 I guess. Until @jiri-urbandroid was able to fix it.

Iā€™m noticing lately that my heart rate data is truncating itself during the night. It used to not do this.

Iā€™ve checked both the app on Fitbit and the phone app and theyā€™re both up to date. Cardiogram logs all the HR data during this period.

1 Like

My heart rate data stopped working on 10/23/2020. Seems like a Fitbit app update caused it and it hasnā€™t been working since. When I begin logging sleep I see the heart icon on my phone screen and it has the same rate as on my Versa 2, but when I end tracking, the heart rate data is not on the graph.

Iā€™m also seeing weird heart rate behavior. Usually only lasting a few hours through the night before dipping off to not tracking.

Was hopeful to see an update here. I canā€™t remember the last update the app recieved. Is this no longer being supported?

I got a Versa 3 a few days ago having had an android watch. Iā€™ve followed the instructions to get SAA working - start on phone, then watch but it only works for a few minutes. Cannot get past 10 minutes max. Any suggestions. Worked perfectly with WearOS

I assume youā€™re not on latest versionā€¦

So well I think itā€™s related to https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/Is-there-a-maximum-batch-level-for-the-HeartRateSensor/m-p/4542691#, and so I think weā€™ve to reduce the number of samples to get this working as expected.

Will prepare a PR.

Latest version of what? The SaA app in fitbit? If so, yes, that is the most recent version as far as I know.

Sorry I think I didnā€™t say what I had in mind :smiley:
I mean the hardware version, and so the SDK version of it, are you not on Versa3/Sense, right?

Correct, Iā€™m still on the Versa 2 :slight_smile:

@3v1n0 Thanks for the heads up, Iā€™ll test with less HR samples and release an update

Thanks, I havenā€™t used since the middle of December because it just seems to not be working right. Well, and right now Fitbit seems to be having a problem updating my watch firmware.

Iā€™ve updated the app with less HR samples and submitted for review. The update also comes with a way to handle intermittent companion shutdown periods by sending the whole message queue from the watch in one big message (which should be arguably a lot faster).

The app for sdk4 devices has been approved and published on the App Gallery. App for sdk5 devices (sense, versa 3) is pending review.