Fitbit Ionic/Versa beta integration

News about fitbit? Regarding version 3.9?

I was also wondering about an update coming along. I just got a Versa 2 unexpectedly and unfortunately in order for it to have full functionality I may need to update the fitbit android app. :confused: Hopefully everything works as good as it did on the Versa 1.

1 Like

News just came in - an upcoming version of the Fitbit app has the fix. Itā€™s usually a staged rollout so we cannot tell whoā€™ll get it when but as soon as Iā€™m able to test it, Iā€™ll post here a confirmation and publish Sleep on the Fitbit app gallery.

Source: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/No-more-local-loopback-connections-via-127-0-0-1/m-p/4009888#M10778

4 Likes

Great news.
Looking forward to next release or feedback. :slight_smile:

Another question appeared.
Every Monday happens, that I could not close the companion app on fitbit ionic. (not sure, why every Monday).
Itā€™s not closing automatically and when I look on my watch and see the companion app still running, itā€™s difficult to close.

1 Like

The new version of Fitbit app (v3.13) has begun rollout! If anyone is able to try it, please let me know if it works for you!

1 Like

I take it that I just have to check the play store for the update, and if itā€™s available it would say so? When I check, it just says last updated Dec 18, 2019. So I donā€™t suppose Iā€™m part of the rollout. :frowning:

I can try getting the APK from apkmirror though and see if it works. It appears as though one was uploaded there today.

Curious though, what is up with their versioning schema? Why does it seem to jump back and forth?
Ex: 3.12.1 -> 3.4.2 -> 3.13 ???

Edit, it appears as though in the 10 minutes I said it wasnā€™t rolled out to me, it did roll out to me. Iā€™ll update from the official play store and let you know how it goes. Do I need to update the companion app as well?

After updating to the latest 3.13, I can confirm that the Sleep companion app (V 1.6) does not want to connect to my phone this time around.

1 Like

I can confirm the same behavior in my Versa.

1 Like

No. Fitbit Ionic does not connect to sleep companion app.

@jiri-urbandroid have you had a chance to try it out for yourself yet?

Unfortunately I experience the same. FitBit app 1.13, companion app 1.6, FitBit Versa Lite and the and my watch does not connect.
I removed/reinstalled the app in the watch and also restarted the watch and the phone too.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been pretty successful keeping Fitbit app 3.8 and connecting with my Ionic. However, the past 4 nights things have changed. I seem to stay connected for just about 1 hour, then my graph is red for the rest of the night until just before I wake up. I havenā€™t updated the Fitbit app and this is a new issue. I see people saying that the new Fitbit 3.13 isnā€™t working as expected, so I still havenā€™t updated.

1 Like

I have the same problem.
I downgraded again to 3.8, because 3.13 was not working like expected.
But since then, the same issue like you described.

Funny, like I said, it was failing for 4 days straight, but last night right after I posted that, sure enough it worked fine. I donā€™t have an explanation.

1 Like

Hi all, Iā€™ve just tested 3.13 and damnā€¦

Theyā€™ve really fixed it. Theyā€™ve allowed local unencrypted (http) connections to 127.0.0.1, which is what we needed. The issue was that before they didnā€™t allow anything other than https, and you canā€™t do https on a local server.

However, I wasnā€™t using 127.0.0.1, but ā€˜localhostā€™ alias. Which they didnā€™t allow for some reason. So while theoretically itā€™s fixed, I need to resubmit the app again with this little change (from localhost to 127.0.0.1) and wait a week until they approve it. Of course Iā€™m putting up a beta version of the app right now so you can have it right away.

I tested with a change to 127.0.0.1 and it works on my Ionic with 3.13 Fitbit app on phone.

5 Likes

I just grabbed the new beta version of the app on my FitBit Ionic and can confirm. Connecting works again. How tracking is doing, Iā€™ll see tonight.

1 Like

Just updated the Sleep app on my Versa and I can confirm that it works like charm! Thank you so much. :slight_smile:
btw, I wanted to know if using the Fitbit as tracking device takes heart rate data into account while calculating the sleep stages?

1 Like

It does use HR to better distinguish between awake/asleep. Fitbit doesnā€™t give out HRV so as far as we know there isnā€™t anything more we could infer from the heart rate alone.

1 Like