Detox schedule based on the user behaviour

To fight phone addiction one has to not only depend on the tool (the app) but needs to build his own discipline not to pick up the phone right? At present, the app locks your phone down so the user can’t do anything. But, the other approach could also be beneficial, where the app doesn’t lock your phone if you perform well (meaning, if you don’t use it when it is locked). So it would track your performance and than gradually decrease the strictness of lockdown. On the other hand, if the user used his phone while the “lighter” settings rake place the app would tighten the lockdown settings again.
I think that kind of feature could help build that self-discipline and consciousness when and why does the user consumes time-wasting content.

The first week the app lock everything up. If the user doesn’t use the phone much during first-week lock, the app releases the rules of the lock on i.e. Instagram but the UI still looks like the app is locked (so app’s icon still isn’t visible - to help the user resist the temptation to use the app from the start of released rules). If the user decides to use Instagram during the released lock for more than i.e. 10 min, Detox locks it again and reminds the user that he should resist the temptation.
Detox then “unlocks” the app after a certain amount of days to probe the user again. If the user resists the temptation and doesn’t use the app the next day Detox unlocks the app again.
After a certain period of time, of good user performance, the app doesn’t physically lock the apps but only turns on the locks screen UI. And it’s the user’s job to build his discipline throughout this process not to use the app even if he could.

support conversation with Lojze

2 Likes

Dear Petr Nalevka and Urbandroid team, I have posted near about 5 mails, repoted several times in app as well posted the same in Google play store but no reply from your side. The total detox timing in my detox app has stalled to 102 hours. It is not increasing above that how many hours I may detox. I have already sent the crash reports via app. Earlier my total detoxed hours were 130+ but when I rebooted my phone, the hours reduced to 102 and now are stalled at that point only. Every other app is working perfectly fine except digital detox, hope you guys will show up soon alongwith the solution to bug.
Thanks and regards.

Also note that I have already given all the permissions to app and the app is device administration be app.