Detect sleep position

From Julie on 2016/10/22 17:15:47 +0000

I’d like a feature that could detect in which direction the movement occurs during the sleep. Would help figure out in which position snoring is more frequent or in which position the deep sleep is achieve. Basically would like for the app to detect movement of position to sleeping on my back, on my stomach, on my left side and on my right side to see how each affect my sleep pattern.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/16772287-detect-sleep-position

I agree very much! It is a frequent phenomenon that snoring and consequently also apnea events extremely depend on the sleeping position.

Professional sleeping surveillance devices therefore comprise a position detector which enables sleeping position indication on the sleeping plot. With that knowledge it can be possible to avoid snoring and apnea simply by training a different sleeping position (i.e. avoiding supine position, there are in fact nightdresses for that purpose!).

By using the smart watches G-sensor it is possibly also not a very big effort?

It woutd be a big improvement for Sleep as Andoid to implement this feature!