Daytime Sleepiness Tracking

From Anonymous on 2016/02/17 22:37:22 +0000

I would like to be able to add daytime sleepiness data. I would like to look for patterns between how well I sleep and how sleepy I am during the day, do I sleep better if I’m really sleepy, and do I have a better day if I slept really well. I have mild narcolepsy and the more data I can track, the better.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/12370506-daytime-sleepiness-tracking

From Anonymous on 2016/02/19 13:22:13 +0000

Thank you for considering.

I could try that…
thinking a little further of what sort of charts / graphs could be generated from the tags…

I think a possible problem with relying on tags attached to each sleep cycle record is that some tags would correspond to the day before the sleep cycle (alcohol, medicine, exercise), some would correspond to the sleep itself (nightmare, lucid dream) and then some would correspond to the day after (hard to wake up, had to nap in afternoon).

For some questions the tagging would get complicated: do I sleep better on the days I'm tired (#tired3_before_bed) or am I still groggy the day after (edit last night's record to add #tired2_after_sleep AND start today's record with #tired2_before_bed). A separate record for "daytime tags" could be mapped to identify daytime patterns with the night before and/or the night after… patterns might emerge like /alcohol = two nights of bad/ sleep, exercise = two nights good sleep.

Sure, they are all just correlations but might help people identify helpful and unhelpful life-style patterns. …just a thought.

Thanks for your good work.