Custom alarm groups

Assuming I haven’t missed its existence, having customizable alarm groups would be amazing so I could simply enable or disable an entire group of alarms at once (e.g. “work” or “weekend”). It’s a bummer to have to check and uncheck or modify on a daily basis.

From Kim Jeansson on 2016/01/18 04:42:51 +0000

Alarm groups. I usually have more then 4 alarms, and I go up at different times so I have to keep changing my 5 alarms.
The time in between them is the same, so make it so you change the group time and all the alarms in that group gets adjusted accordingly…

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/11485266-groups

I propose to make it possible to group alarms into folders to include 5-15 alarms at once

From Anonymous on 2014/10/25 09:51:01 +0000

1) I would love to be able to just put my alarms in order. This literally means just moving the alarms around. This could be done by putting them in order with numbers or names, I don’t quite care how. That is all I’d like. This is a very lovely app, thank you.

1. The ability to group alarms would be helpful for those of us heavy sleepers that have to set minimum 5 alarms. Collapsible and nameable folders would help organize the alarms. This allows us to have groups of alarms, and enabling/disabling all the alarms with one tap of the group’s on/off button. This would also be beneficial for those that are polyphasic sleepers that can layout all of their alarms for both their main sleep and later supplemental naps in one place.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/6609359-organize-alarms-move-or-group

From Anonymous on 2017/02/06 15:57:42 +0000

I have one set of alarms for a "work day", a different set for a "work from home day" and another two sets for weekend days… On the occasion when I work from home on a different day, it's a pain to have to go through one set of alarms and "skip" them all, then add a new day to the "working at home" set (only to have to remove that day later)… Being able to group alarms, and enable/disable/skip once/change days on the whole group would be massively useful. I'd change alarm apps for this feature alone.

1 Like

Hi. I’ve the same problem - using 4 alarms per day and having 4 standard sets: default-worktome, default-worktimeathome, early-worktime and early-worktime-athome. Because the times are overlapping it’s every time a mess to change the alarms.

Additional to having groups the possibility would be cool to set a “master time” for a group (the time of the first alarm within a group). All alarms times in the group could be changed relatively, when the user changed this “master time”.

1 Like

From Anonymous on 2016/11/23 07:01:45 +0000

Well I need more than one alarm to get awake. So I put 10 alarms on and off everyday.

I’d like to set groups to activate all alarms in a group Simultan.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/17216579-activate-groups-of-alarms-simultaneously

From Anonymous on 2016/11/23 07:01:45 +0000

Well I need more than one alarm to get awake. So I put 10 alarms on and off everyday.

I’d like to set groups to activate all alarms in a group Simultan.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/17216579-activate-groups-of-alarms-simultaneously

Can you add the ability to create groups of alarms and move existing alarms between groups and enable / disable / delete entire groups at once?

In my job, I have a rotational work and on call schedule that has me waking up at different times of the day, depending on the week, though many weeks follow a similar but different pattern from one another. Allowing me to create groups of alarms and being able to enable to disable those groups would make it substantially easier to organize my wake up times or recurring meeting reminders I use the app for throughout the day.

support conversation

I also join this request for alarm groups. I specifically went here to request this feature, but found this topic instead.

My use case is similar - I have different scenarios depending on time if week etc. where I want to use different sets of alarms. The groups would allow to switch between them quickly.

Another use case is cleaning out old/unused alarms. If I don’t want to loose alarms from the currently disabled sets in the process, I have to enable them one by one, then press the “delete disabled alarms” button and then again disable all the alarms from the currently unused set. With alarm groups, this would be a breeze to do.

have set about 10 alarms (6:00, 6:30, 7:00 etc. - every 30 minutes until 10:00). So for example when I have the vacation for a week or two, I have to skip all my alarms for the count of days or turn them off just one by one.

If there would be hidden checkboxes, I can select all my alarms and turn them all off at once or skip them or maybe even better - to set date until they have be skipped.

I think there could be all the context options but editing when working with them in bulk.
And by the “hidden checkboxes” I mean that there would be no checkboxes at alarms by default and if I want to use them, I just tap and hold my finger at an alarm and it will be selected instead the current context menu. The context menu would be moved to the top - the same behavior has for example the Android native app Messages.

Support conversation with Marty

add the following feature:

organize the alarms into groups so we can easily Activate/deactivate the alarms in the same group by clicking just one button.

support conversation with Hazem