Can you connect to bangle without the gadgetbridge app

i have a bangle.js 2, and the gadgetbridge app is kinda janky. could i just make the bangle broadcast its measured heart rate over bluetooth or something? is there another way to not use the gadgetbridge app?
(although given how bad the heart rate algorithms are idk if i should bother - it says i have 40 bpm lol)

Looked at the wearable API docs. Do I have to implement every intent? Because some might require a lot of work, and I don’t use the alarm stuff myself.

Just pushed the custom app I made, I haven’t tried sleeping with it yet but it does work in my tests

@KTibow Did you ever try sleeping with it and did it work?

How would I add this plugin to my phone?

Nope. I’m not an experienced Android developer and as such couldn’t figure out how to get the app to run in the background. I tried what seemed like everything, but Android kept killing it after 5 minutes of running. If you want to view the code it’s still there at https://github.com/KTibow/BanglePlugin though.

While I’m at it ranting: For the past week or so I’ve been trying to do my own sleep stage classification. The majority of the research papers use closed off data that you can’t just access, and when I did find some open data, Tensorflow made it seemingly impossible for me to write a custom loss function. Ehh, it is what it is.