Calendar integration (maybe Google calendar)

From Pete on 2015/01/25 21:50:33 +0000

Many people work from home and only occasionally travel for meetings.

I set a standard get up time, but often need to be up early to make a journey.

It would be great if i could plan out my week in my calendar and the alarm would wake me in time to get up, ready and in time to catch my train or drive to the destination in my first calendar appointment.

This would be best if it worked out if i need to get up before my alarm, and ring it early but still wake me up at the set time if i didnt have an appointment or the appointments for that day were late enough to not need an early call.

Google now does something like this, but its not an alarm.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/7009531-calendar-integration-maybe-google-calendar

From Yuri on 2016/11/09 20:17:15 +0000

Its all very nice, but indeed like other people already have suggested. Give it the option to pick other calendars then your main calendar.

From GM on 2016/10/31 19:54:39 +0000

Would it be possible to select for certain calendars for the alarms and not only for the personal calendar?

For example sometimes meetings and I also have several calendars including other peoples rosters, in this case I can always create a duplicate, but it becomes messier (even visually) as it will be a duplicate of the same event…

Also this seems to be locked for WHEN the alarm is created, so if something changes it obviously wont change automatically the alarm, however could be done any trigger or system alarm to check for a change or at least like at the last hours before the next day. It's tricky to apply though…

From Henry Chang on 2016/06/02 05:55:07 +0000

I like the relatively new feature that can skip alarms on public holidays automatically.
I wonder if it can extend to non-public holidays too? e.g. if I take leave from certain dates, mark it on my personal calendar (e.g. as "Holiday"), then the normal morning alarm will automatically be skipped whenever the day is marked as Holiday.

Another feature request: I go to work on some but not all Saturdays. Can a certain alarm be activated on days if the calendar is marked as, say, "Work Day"?

From Dmitry Chorine on 2016/05/17 12:42:24 +0000

whenever I set an event in my Google calendar, "Sleep" offers me to adjust my alarm time, the problem is it adds 1 hour of padding before event, in my case that's not enough as I need at least 1 and a half hour… it'd be nice if I can adjust that value to my needs and not use default as default doesn't work for me and now I have to adjust alarm manually, so this whole feature becomes pointless(

From Petr Nálevka on 2016/02/22 09:26:33 +0000

+Jeff this is already implemented… alarms should be skipped on vacations if you have the vacation calendar included and this option is turned on…

From Jeff on 2016/02/22 02:39:15 +0000

Can you you add a function to skip alarm on specific events like vacancies…?

And a possibility to specify the name of the events that disabled the alarm?

From Adam Margeson on 2016/01/17 20:04:33 +0000

Not that I like copy cats, but AlarmPad has (imo) a great implementation of this that you could add in… Setting up alarms that are triggered (made active) by hashtags in the calendar event. For example, I have something I do every 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month. I have that mapped out on my calendar. In AlarmPad, I have an alarm configured to go off 75 minutes before the start time of the event, regardless of when I set that in my calendar. That way, if plans change, I only have to update my calendar.

From Oletros on 2016/01/04 14:24:12 +0000

I would like to have the ability to choose which calendars disable the alarms.

And also, the ability to enable some alarms depending on events on calendar.

From S0lll0s on 2015/12/18 22:46:18 +0000

oh and also you can't change the Google Calendar integration settings without disabling and reenabling it.

From S0lll0s on 2015/12/18 22:45:20 +0000

Hey, I just signed up for the beta because of this and I am missing another related feature: I go to university and my classes are very irregular, but I have them in my gcal. It would be nice to automatically schedule alarms based on the events in a specific google calendar.
Also the rescheduling option and the proposed auto-scheduling should have an adjustable delay (for example you may need more than one hour to get ready and head to work / wherever you need to go to).

From Anonymous on 2015/10/16 20:56:11 +0000

awesome :smiley:

From Petr Nálevka on 2015/10/15 15:42:03 +0000

@Johan

It is version 20151013 (please check menu>release notes), Calendar feature is in settings>integration under Google Fit.

In order to get the beta please:
Join the Google Plus community:

Then opt-in at the following address
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.urbandroid.sleep

After that you should be starting receiving latest BETA updates through the Play Store.

From Jonah on 2015/10/15 14:14:23 +0000

Hey @Petr Nálevka, thanks for the update!

1. What version is it so we can make sure the correct one has been pushed to our phones?

2. How do we activate the calendar feature?

Awesome update, BTW! Excited to get this. :smiley:

From Justin Custer on 2015/10/15 06:27:35 +0000

Hey, I thought I'd toss in a few ideas of my own for the developer:

1. Expanding upon what Erik Zuiker said, it would be cool if it integrated the location of the place into the alarm time. It could check the calendar for the location of the event and then use maps to see how long it will take to arrive there. Weather forecasts taken into account (an extra hour early if it's raining, configurable in settings) would be nice as well, but probably a stretch goal in development.

2. This was in another app I used for something similar (stopped working randomly, though), tagging of events to make Sleep As Android recognize them as things to wake up for would be very effective. You may also be able to integrate a tag for how long before to wake you up. Ex: #SLEEP3, where #SLEEP is the tag that tells Sleep As Android to use it as an alarm, and 3 for 3 hours before the event. You could even get into more complex commands like #SLEEPD+2 for the approximate drive time plus 2 hours.

Anyways, just my two cents. Love the app, and I'm super glad you're creating this idea for the app, I've been waiting a while to not have to use poorly made calendar alarm apps instead of your amazing one!

From Erik Zuiker on 2015/09/17 08:33:28 +0000

Maybe it's also a good idea to integrate the weather forecast in this solution.
Because there is more traffic on the road when the weather is bad.
e.g.: If there is rain, the alarm will go off half an hour earlier.
(with the appropriate time to sleep notification)

From Petr Nálevka on 2015/09/16 15:01:24 +0000

Hello guys, we are planning calendar related feature so please stay tuned…

From Joss Terrell on 2015/09/16 13:42:32 +0000

This would be awesome, especially if the length of the sleep 'appointment' in the calendar also provided an appropriate time to sleep notification.

From David Anderberg on 2015/05/06 08:19:21 +0000

I work shifts with different schedule each wee and would love to see this feature. Since I've missed setting my alarm sometimes I might need to switch to another app until this feature is available. (Which I don't want to)
PS: Love the NFC/CAPTCH feature!

From Anonymous on 2015/02/06 15:01:10 +0000

I think this could be very useful for holidays and weird off days or people that have jobs that don't fit into a normal weekly schedule. It could essentially fix forgetting to disable the alarm that goes off on your day off, waking you up earlier than you wanted to. I don't think this is something that really needs to be intelligently parsed with arrival times like Google Now as that could be unreliable. This functionality could also be obtained by tying into IFTTT which may give you same end result, but a lot more configuration required. There are also some reliability concerns if the device goes offline for some reason, so some caching may be required…