Awesome results with StressLocator

I’ve been tracking my sleep with my Fossil gen 6 smartwatch, and it gave seriously low O2 measurements. So low that I thought about going to a doctor.
Last night I tried the Stesslocator and it came to a RDI of 1. That’s as lot better than what’s my score was the night before…32 (!)

Very happy with this device and the people from SaA as well as Happy Electronics have been nothing but helpfull for the last

2 weeks straight. Thank you for that guys.

The device arrived in the Netherlands in a week after ordering and it came with an extra (3) sensors.

I’m still wondering what the best setting will be (the apps settings in combination with the settings of the device) but I’ll figure it out.

That is a bit strange… Either the wearable was not precise, or the oximeter is not…
How did the graph for SpO2 data look in the Sleep app? Was the duration of the tracking approximately similar to the other ones?
Maybe you can test tracking with a Wear OS device via Sleep, and keep the oximeter data separately - would they provide different results for the same night?

Last 2 nights had no breathing stops at all. 93% was the lowest…normally you would think 95 should be the threshold but for people with asthma 92% is the threshold. So I am content.

I always had the feeling the watch was off. That is why I first ordered a Polar, but I soon found out the watch did measure hr correctly,so I returned the device.
Then I ordered the StressLocator to check the O2 measurements and the watch was off.

I can wear both watch and SL to see what happens.

?? But what app should I use to see what the SL’s measurements were during the night? None of the apps, except saa, are made for a full night if measurements?? Any idea?

(Btw, do you really think the SL is off?)

One old graph and one new with stress locator

Duration shouldn’t matter, you said before.

The duration does not matter to SDI, because it is an average per hour.
But if you have a shorter nap, let’s say 20 minutes, half of it awake, the rest in the light sleep… you will probably get a different reading than during the full night’s sleep with all phases.
The new data looks healthy, no dips at all… which would be actually pretty great news.
I would recommend tracking one night with both device, so you can compare the SpO2 data - this will give you better idea, if the wearable was making up the dips.
Would it be possible to keep the oximeter in Sleep, and let the Wear app collect the SpO2 data from the Fossil?

No and that’s the problem. My watches native app is one big disappointment (Wellness app). If I let it track automatically, it doesn’t track o2.
On top if that, it thinks ive been swimming between 3 and 5 o’clock while I was sleeping.

I dont seem to be the only one with o2 measurement problems on the Fossil gen6. See below

Is “sleepswimming” some advanced form of sleepwalking :slight_smile: ?

From those two, I would expect much more precise results from the oximeter. So probably your suspicion is right.

1 Like

:joy::joy: I do many strange things in my sleep but swimming?? :joy:

My guess is that’s why they didn’t implement the O2 measurements in the app. Fossil is dead. They’ve stopped producing smartwatches.

I’ve asked Petr for some advice by mail, btw

I think he will confirm that the oximeter is precise. Sad to see Fossil providing such nonsense results…

1 Like

I’ve recorded an hour of ‘sleep’…
I let the watch record to saa and set the stresslocator low o2 alarm to 96%.

It never beeped, so (trusting the stresslocator) it never went as low as 96% but the graphs showed an average around 94% with two major dips (recorded by watch) that never happened.
I couldn’t recreate the huge dips of 71% it recorded while really sleeping but I guess the watch lets the hr (and movement)be a part of the measurement of the O2 somehow,cis my guess.

I never been happy when electronics failed me, but I got to say I am happy the stupid watch was wrong.
It got me a bit worried :joy:.

I would love to see the O2 level in Google Fit too, like the sleep (and hr during sleep) is shown. I don’t know why they are showing that O2 tab while nothing gets synched anyway, at least not my my watch, literally.

SpO2 data can currently be synced only via Health Connect, not via Google Fit.
Google Fit changes the permissions, and some of their new requests are unacceptable for us (we would have to stop supporting all wearables via add-ons, as they don’t allow companion apps).

I am glad it was a false alarm, SpO2 below 70 would be really worrisome!

1 Like

Health Connect…will that sync the O2 to fit?

I checked the Google Fit documentation, and they support oxygen saturation. So hopefully yes.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try it, see if it works!

Just downloaded Health connect, gave SaA and Fit all rights there, in SaA gave Health Connect permission but still no O2 in Fit. All those measurements but the one that’s truely important from minute to minute…nothing. Google has never been my friend. Why the Hell make a saturation tab if you by let no app integrate with it?!

I was afraid that this would happen because (it’s Google and) all the info that Fit takes from SaA goes to the Sleep section in Fit, Nowhere is the o2 to be found there.

Only manually can I write the O2 into Fit.

Hi, were the rest of the data synced? It can take some time between the sync and the time they show the data.

Yes, rest was synced. Too bad.
Still it’s strange because Google made those API’s open.

Yesterday I was searching for an answer and it seems I’m not the only one having trouble.

I am not sure if it will help, but try updating the Health Connect. They had a major update on Friday, with tons of changes.

Thanks, I’ve tried. Update, reinstall, restart nothing helps.

Could I ask you for help with something? I’ve send Petr an email but I get no reply, it’s about the Stesslocator. It’s he sick or something, that he doesn’t reply?

Oh, before I forget, I came across this diagramm