AWAKE periods erroneously noted as LIGHT SLEEP in graph

AWAKE periods erroneously noted as LIGHT SLEEP in graph. I get no coloration change when I am clearly awake.

2 Likes

This is probably hard for the software to detect. When I am awake with insomnia and still, the app records it as deep sleep; even while in starting a HR monitor. My sleep doctor says he looks for peaks in HR to find periods of being awake but my HR stays the same or goes only by 1-2 beats per minute. Even while awake my HR is below 50 BPM and my doctor is looking for peaks of 72 BPM and up so my wakeful periods are not noticed or recorded by the doctor. It is probably the same with the app.

1 Like

Sleepyfoot

15d

AWAKE periods erroneously noted as LIGHT SLEEP in graph. I get no coloration change when I am clearly awake.This leads to the question as to how does this app detects AWAKE periods and REM periods etc.?

Does the app methodology have support from experimental trials?

1 Like

Hello, many thanks for your feedback folks…

First I would point you to articles on how we do all the phase detection:

This is our comparison study with sleep lab data:

Here is specifically on how we estimate REM phases using acrigraphy only:

Regarding Awake, one of the method we use is based on movement frequency which has been validated on the Sleep lab data… but in addition to that we use a bunch of heoristics: talking sound or baby crying for instance, ambient light is over 60LUX but it is after sunset, movement intensity is similar to walking etc…

You can control all these methods in Settings > Sleep tracking > Awake … and for each of then you can control sensitivity, so if you feel there are false negative please just increase sensitivity to high…

I’m having same issue. I have all my Awake Tracking settings set to Max Sensitivity but it can never tell I’m not in bed. How am I to believe it knows the difference from light and deep sleep?

1 Like

Major bug!
I don’t want to know how the ghosts in my room are sleeping when I get up for brief periods.