[DONE] Autostart sleep tracking

From axelerator on 2016/08/23 07:02:02 +0000

Or how about autostart it with a lullaby automatically "after" optimal bedtime.
Like the opposite of an alarm.
If you are awake it would be easy to turn off.

From Anonymous on 2016/07/12 03:46:53 +0000

Pebble Time automatically detects when you sleep and wake up, if only it could trigger sleep as android.

From Janis Froehlig on 2016/06/14 09:38:07 +0000

Or you could just man up and put your name on your trolling.

I came back to say it again, all of this is easily attainable with Tasker. I'll put out a YouTube video on it this week. Just search Youtube for Sleep as Android Tasker and start automatically. I promise you won't regret buying Tasker for US$2.99.

From Robin Markowitz on 2016/06/13 02:39:39 +0000

I wouldn't mind some sort of notification asking if you're asleep. This would be after your expected time that your normally push the sleep button - and if you don't answer, you're asleep.

From å¼ č±«é² on 2016/06/05 02:29:03 +0000

it may do harm to the battery

From Adam Parrett on 2016/06/02 07:36:08 +0000

I can sympathize with this. Has only happened once or twice, e.g. after a night out or I've fallen asleep watching a film. Perhaps the app could use your average bed time to send a notification 'are you awake?' similar to the ideal bed time feature, every half hour, and turn on sleep tracker if you don't respond within a certain time. You can always delete the recording if you miss the notification. Also with my 'edit sleep time' feature recommendation you could edit the time you think you fell asleep if necessary. You wouldn't have the sleep recording data but at least you'd have the sleep duration, bed time and awake time data and also any data recorded when the sleep tracker does kick in

From Anonymous on 2016/05/30 10:37:18 +0000

Pebble always had this feature regardless whether using their own tracker or misfit.

From Everett on 2016/05/22 11:46:48 +0000

Nope, but sometimes people forget/don't brush their teeth when they're super tired!
I usually wouldn't :wink: lol.

From Janis Froehlig on 2016/05/19 13:49:52 +0000

This is possible, and very customizeable with Tasker.

From Anonymous on 2016/05/17 11:08:11 +0000

I put my phone on my bedside charger every night before sleeping. maybe there could be a option to autostart tracking when plugged in, after a certain hour?

From Marcelo Braganceiro on 2016/05/15 06:52:33 +0000

Great!

From Anonymous on 2016/03/10 10:32:59 +0000

Or you could just not be stupid, do you forget to put toothpaste on your toothbrush?

Hmm, it would be nice if it checks for the noises when there is a calendar event behind it for sleep.

Does anyone know if thereā€™s a way to trigger it through IFTTT?

You mean trigger sleep tracking start? Yes, definitely, see https://sleep.urbandroid.org/?s=ifttt

I saw that after I posted, but it appears that you can only trigger IFTTT to do something in response to manually starting sleep tracking through Sleep As Android.

Unless Iā€™m misunderstanding the commands.

If anyone knows, please respond.

Thanks!

Oh sorry, yes, I misread your post. However sending commands to Sleep as Android is possible with IFTTT as well, only you have to throw Tasker with Autoremote into the mix.
Check out https://joaoapps.com/autoremote/ifttt/ and post back here if you run into any trouble.

Also see Telling Google Home good night should start sleep tracking

Hereā€™s my solution for this issue:

I set up Automate (similar to Tasker) to automatically start SaA sleep tracking when I plug in my device after 9pm. Works great, and I havenā€™t missed a day since I set it up.

1 Like