Auto stop sleep tracking when it's obvious that you are awake and active

From Alex on 2016/05/27 04:32:32 +0000

The issue is on weekends when you don’t have a specific time you want an alarm to go off but you want sleep tracking. When I get up I forget to stop the tracking. Then in the evening when getting ready for bed I open the app and low and behold the app is still running and I now have a 24 hour span of data which I can’t edit before submitting and I now just delete so I don’t throw off my statistics. It would be nice to tell the app if you are a night sleeper or day sleeper and it auto stops when you get up or when the sleep time starts becoming absurd and it gets to trim the data to the “rational” end time. Maybe an alert would help too.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/14242998-auto-stop-sleep-tracking-when-it-s-obvious-that-yo

From Dave on 2017/05/21 18:25:16 +0000

> "Fitbit implemented these auto sleep-detect perfectly"

Pebble did too :slight_smile: - even in flight mode (updating when back online) - but no other developer seems to care.

From Anonymous on 2017/05/21 12:08:37 +0000

Fitbit implemented these auto sleep-detect perfectly! Too bad my Fitbit Charge HR literally disintegrated just months after purchased due to its material and design/manufacture flaw which prompt me to not buy from them again! Besides, your app is better… only lacking these auto sleep-detect!!!

From Nancy on 2016/12/31 15:18:12 +0000

I do that all the time too. Just copy & cut out the hours & minutes your awake any trash them. Some people are getting too lazy!

From eytan on 2016/09/12 06:07:14 +0000

I am just the same! Plus that sometimes its the oppisit when I just wanna put meditation recording to help me sleep andthe app is recording it as if im sleeping not deep even tho I fall asleep at the middle of that recording.

From Anonymous on 2016/09/02 06:16:06 +0000

Given this sujerencia which I think is very interesting, and we can not forget to cancel sleep, I think you could introduce the option of the program riguiese two options.
1- CURRENT.
2- You can configure a sleep interval that would programmed by the user, that is, to put DAYS WHAT week I want the sleep cycle is in: eg 23:00 pm to 7:00 am (as in the alarm), and so in this way you forget to turn it off and the cycle closes on alone. This way you automatically know your cycle must be between those parameters.

From Anonymous on 2016/08/04 11:42:17 +0000

You can edit. I do this often myself. More often in the evening when I start the tracker, then my dog needs to go outside and waiting 10 min, then stop for a sip of water and get back in bed.
You can highlight any time segment and snip it (top right corner drop down menus). Makes a whole separate session, which you can then delete from the log.

1 Like

From Robeson on 2016/07/02 20:44:37 +0000

If it's any help, you can save the sleep entry, then go back and trim off the extraneous time. The sleep statistics will be adjusted with the updated sleep times.

1 Like