Audio on Lullabies Stacking?

Hi,

I work with audio a lot and noticed the thunderstorm lullaby has a weird kind of stacking effect going on with it sometimes. Like if multiple copies are playing at once all very very slightly out of synch. It’s not all the time (I think) but I decided I’d try white noise to see if it was better…

Well it’s actually so much worse. A lot of sounds that rely on a consistent white noise type sound (didn’t test them all) start and then Start and then StaRT and START and it just keeps stacking and getting unbearably loud. I really didn’t want to hear 10 hair dryers all turning on in half second intervals but that’s what I got.

I’m on galaxy s8 if that matters. Closing and restarting the app doesn’t help and over half the lullabies I’m interested in just are too loud and noisey to actually be a lullaby. Turning it down doesn’t help make it sound any less cacophonous either just as a heads up.

Can this be looked into? I’d really like to be able to use all the sounds!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hmm. Perhaps it’s the “sudden sounds” feature? I don’t understand this feature very well, but it’s something I’d rather not have, especially with sleep headphones. So I just turned it down till it was off. Not sure if that’s your situation, but it might be. I use Pink Noise. Seems normal. I have a Note 8.