Anti-smoking like feature for gnashing of teeth

Could you please extend the anti-snoring feature with an option, when somebody is gnashing his/her teeth. To play an alert like when somebody is snoring.
Maybe the user could add sample(s) from already recorded noise(s)

Hello @balays88… that would be a great feature, but for our sound recognition we use neural networks and deep learning… We spend years collecting the right training sets to be able to recognize snoring, talking, sneezing and coughing, baby crying…

The problem with gnashing teeth at the moment we do not have any training samples and it would be really hard to get a training set comparable with the other sounds…

1 Like

Hello Petr,

Thank you for your fast response.

This is why I wrote:

and if a user allows, you could collect these samples as well

I really appreciate that your app is already implemented the above-mentioned sounds and it is really useful (for example, I am snoring less to make a compered 2 years ago.) I am really thankful for your app.

Hello @balays88, if you like to provide us with such samples, we can start collecting a training set for this. But this will be a long run as we will need I guess at least ~1000 samples from at least ~100 users to do some reliable classification. For the other sounds we could use the open classified sound database based on YouTube videos. But there isn’t a relevant category for gnashing teeth…

Also, it is not that easy to just add a new sound, having an insufficient training set for one of the sounds may negatively influence classification of the other sounds. And may lead to many false positives on different hardware which may be annoying for users which are not even using this feature…

Hope you can understand the challenges…