Alarm rings but doesn't show up on the screen

Detailed description of the problem:
I’ve had this issue every morning since Monday. I don’t remember changing anything in system settings or Sleep as Android settings (except I’ve added one more NFC tag) and there wasn’t any system update for my Samsung Galaxy A52s either (last one installed 18th of July).

In the morning, the alarms starts ringing, but the screen only briefly lights on and it doesn’t display alarm. I turn the screen on manually, alarm screen is not displayed. I unlock, still no alarm screen. If I try to pull the top status/notification bar down, it just flashes and closes immediately. Pressing volume buttons doesn’t let me change volume and doesn’t postpone alarm.

I have to open Sleep as Android app using the launcher icon, then the alarm screen displays, letting me to finally postpone/turn the alarm off.

On repeated alarm, this has happened many times again, but sometimes the alarm screen popped up fine even when the screen was off.
I also tried to set a new alarm 5 minutes in the future, turned the screen off and it worked fine, so I actually wasn’t even able to replicate the issue myself… Yet it happened every single morning this week.

I don’t suppose this is actually app’s bug, but did anyone else encountered it? What could cause it?

I checked that I have battery enhancements for Sleep disabled, accessibility enabled, exception for DnD, permission to display over other apps… I also rebooted the phone.

Is there a log I could attach or option to enable logging for the next time?

Steps to reproduce:
Set the alarm and wait… until morning?

Version of Sleep as Android:

1 Like

Hi @jen_ovecka,
This sounds like the CAPTCHA cheating protection is fighting with some other component. Could you please use the Left ≡ menu → (?) Support → Report a bug?
Were you using the NFC task before as well?

Okay, I sent the bug report in e-mail.
Yes, I was using the NFC before, I’ve just added one more tag I carry in my wallet (just in case I can stop the alarm when I’m not home).

1 Like

It seems like the problem was caused by enabling Sleep accessibility service which then clashed with NFC captcha.
My phone sometimes notifies me to check the accessibility services and I thought it got disabled and probably enabled it without much thought.
I turned it off and it woke me without issues this morning.

Thank you a lot for your help, Lenka!