Alarm for sunset sunrise and dual sleep mode

From Anonymous on 2015/01/07 07:31:40 +0000

I would like an alarm which always changes with the times of sunset and sunrise. So ull be warned when.to go to bed and waked before or as the shun sines. Dual sleep is an ancient mode where people sleep twice.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/6932113-alarm-for-sunset-sunrise-and-dual-sleep-mode

From Harsh Pareek on 2018/01/05 23:10:17 +0000

Any progress yet on this feature?

From Mark van der Waarde on 2017/08/13 14:38:28 +0000

This would be great! Any official feedback on this suggestion yet?

From laser dude on 2016/10/23 16:22:33 +0000

https://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/15245028-before-after-sunrise-alarm

From laser dude on 2016/10/23 16:12:19 +0000

Yes, this would be great. An alarm at "X amount of time before local sunrise". And its corresponding "time to go to bed" notification to always sleep a specific amount of time

From Adam on 2015/04/01 02:55:19 +0000

I third this feature request. I was going to suggest a Sunset feature but this is already here so I'll add my piece.

I saw there was a picker to set the alarm for sunrise, but sadly that only works as a one off, there's no way to have the alarm dynamically adjust to when the sunrise is scheduled to occur everyday (it changes daily). I think there should be a sunset picker/ feature too. I would love it if this section of the app was expanded.

This is a problem for many people, sleep cycles and so on. For example in my room I have a tiny window and it is way high above my bed, I won't wake up to natural light until noon. Also, having meditated in a monastery for a month, I became very familiar with how powerful light's influence is on the body's sense of being awake and alert or drowsy and sleepy.

I hope you improve and expand on these features, regards.

From Zoltan Lantzky on 2015/01/10 12:09:44 +0000

Take sunrise or sunset as reference and to have the possibility to have alarm for example 90minutes before civilian sunrise in my location. It would be great breakthrough for many health fitness yoga csiqung practitioners

I’ve managed to approximate this by setting sunset notifications from an app called Golden Hour, and then manually editing the alarm time (by pressing the sunrise button) every day, but it would be super awesome indeed if this feature could be added.

This would be an awesome feature.

Awkward to have to keep setting an alarm relative to sunrise every day.

I started using Sleep as Android with the sleep tracking feature (accelerometer) a few weeks ago. It’s not very reliable, but the still better than sonar or nothing. Now I noticed that after 8 am every morning, I only sleep lightly. I have a tendency to think it might be due to … natural sun light.

Ok, so I was thinking, instead of waking up late (alarm is set at 10h30, but it rang always between 9h and 9h20 as the result of me sleeping lightly), why not trying to use this natural sunlight feature to help me wake up even more earlier ? (yes, 10 am is early for me !).

In the ideal, if my experience is successful (I have a very complicated relationship with sleep), I would like to be able to set a daily alarm at exactly 1 hour after sunrise, with smart wake up activated for 1h (or 1h30)… So having an alarm time which varies everyday with sunrise hours.

Is it possible adding this feature in next release ?

Ensuring people wake up just after sunrise would even be better to save energy than the « daily light saving time » the politician are imposing to save energy !