Alarm end do not disturb mode

From Anonymous on 2017/04/22 12:09:59 +0000

Android do not disturb (DND) mode has a setting to end at either certain time or at next alarm. This app doesn’t count as alarm and my phone’s DND mode stays on until a certain time. I suggest these alarms end DND mode so that once I’m awake, my phone is as well.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/19014448-alarm-end-do-not-disturb-mode

From Petr Nálevka on 2017/10/10 07:31:54 +0000

Guys, are you TouchWiz (Samsung)? They did havily modified standard DND mechanism. We do not have one of their devices in the office to test this. Anyway we do turn off DND in the morning when tracking stops, if Sleep as Android did enable it when sleep tracking started, if it was already on we do not touch it…

From Randall S on 2017/10/09 18:15:21 +0000

I believe what the previous commenter was saying is that the Sleep alarm should end DND mode. Currently, DND stays on even after the alarm goes off.

1 Like

This occurs for me on Pixel XL (1) w/ latest SAA and Android OS.

Still no change? Sleep as Android is not able to turn off built-in DND.

Still an issue. I’m on Oneplus 5T.

Hello,
please make sure the option “Priority mode” is enabled as well.
What version of Sleep are you using?

My issue is I just got a samsung a 54 2 days ago, and if I hit snooze on my alarm, the DND also stays on. My old samsung didn’t do that. And I prefer it not too. I may hit snooze for a bit, but as of 7am when my DND is supposed to end, I need to get notifications.
Whyvwould a new version change to an inconvenient method? Seems odd.

Hello Tina, the app does not have its “own” DND, we only launch the DND in your system. This has not changed in years. Only dismiss will end the DND, this has been the same since the beginning.
Do you have a new phone? Is it possible its system has different DND rules?