Adding O2 Readings to Sleep As Android

I’d like to get O2 readings overnight, is Wellue’s thumb O2 ring compatible with SAA? https://getwellue.com/products/o2ring-wearable-pulse-oximeter I currently have a Samsung phone and Active2 watch and want to add O2 tracking to SAA. Is there any issue with multiple wearbles working together? If I have to make a purchase to add O2 tracking, is the Wellue thumb ring more advisable, or should I upgrade to a Galaxy Watch 4, and if so, is there a concern of battery drain using it for O2 monitoring during the night? In general, the Active2 watch seems fine for me so far and it’s battery life is great, I seem to get 2-3 days between charges despite its age, but I don’t mind upgrading the watch if I can get O2 readings in SAA without too much of a battery impact. The O2 thumb ring doesn’t seem like it would be too bothersome to sleep with, would a dedicated device like that be the better choice? In any case, thanks for wonderful software and for the advice, much appreciated!

Hello @Great_Skate, in fact we are not able to get SPO2 on the Galaxy Watch series as Samsung 1) closed the sensor under their specific permission 2) even when we integrated their SDK to get SPO2 we learned that the sensor is only build for ad-hoc one time readings and does not work for constant readings over night. Still the SPO2 funtinality works on some Wear OS watches such as the TicWatch 3 Pro wheer Mobvoi did buidl a sensor which can be read every sencond thoughout the night and exposes the sensor for 3rd party use…

You can also have a BerryMed oximeter to get SPO2 and this works well as a second device to your regular sleep tracking wearable. SPO2 should be also working on some Garmin wearables but we did not directly test it and we may not be getting data every second which is needed for the Respiratory disturbance analysis.

We tried to get SPO2 data from mi bands but they do not provide SPO2 directly - we tried to calculate it from the raw sensor data but failed, there is a thread about this on this forum…

So this is a summary on where the SPO2 integration now is withing Sleep as Anroid, hope that helps…