Add HRV tag to Charts

HRV is a general health indicator. It would be great to see which factors/tags affect it (stress, work, etc.) This is one of the main selling points of Oura, Whoop, etc.

At the moment we can see sleep duration, deep sleep %, rating, snoring, and efficiency. So my request is to add HRV here.

3 Likes

It is already implemented

I don’t think it is. None of the screenshots you show indicate how the tags/factors affect HRV (I.e. the regression of the target variable over 14 days or all the data). The only metrics for which this regression is implemented, are Sleep duration, Deep sleep %, rating, snoring, efficiency %

Hello @herman … I’m adding this for the next BETA version of the app… many thanks for your suggestion…

You can get the BETA from https://sleep.urbandroid.org/wp-content/uploads/release/sleep-20240922-beta-release.apk or from Play Store BETA channel…

Please let me know if it is working well for you…

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you very much! I’m going to get the Beta version and will give feedback. I really appreciate it!

My opinion, but do as you think is best:
I personally am curious to see average HRV, as average HRV would show me an overal estimate of my health/stress, where HRV+, as I interpret it, is a relative measure of how restorative my sleep was that night. If I look at the factors influencing HRV+, I therefore look at how those factors impact restorative sleep. If I look at HRV, I look at how those factors impact my overall HRV and thus bodily stress.

But I’m already super happy that HRV+ will be in the beta, and I don’t want to ask for too much, so thank you!

Many thanks, I have added both options ~HRV and well as HRV gain to the tag analysis…

This is now in this APK:
https://sleep.urbandroid.org/wp-content/uploads/release/sleep-20240922-beta-release.apk

2 Likes

It works! Thank you very much!
I also like that in this version the HRV vs time graph is a line graph and not a bar graph. (not sure if that occurs automatically after enough data has been collected, or if it was the update)
Anyway, thank you very much! Will give feedback if I see something strange.

1 Like

Super! I had manually added HRV as a tag, although HRV only showed up for two days, and had not appeared again in my sleep chart since. Please see my previous submissions to you (or Lenka) regarding that issue. The only thing I believe is different is my Ticwatch Pro Enduro is now upgraded to OS 4. That upgrade didn’t happen until probably a week after HRV stopped showing up in my sleep records. I can’t figure out what caused HRV to show up on my sleep record or why it stopped after appearing twice​:thinking::flushed::cry:

@herman we switch to bar chart for shorter periods and to lines for longer, no changes here

@raymillr I have more reports of HRV issues after Wear OS 4 update on TicWatch… not sure what is happaning, I just got the update on my watch so I will test it…

1 Like

I forget… is SAA using SDNN or RMSSD for HRV ?

Mark

@Mark_Weiss we use SDNN

I have a new version https://sleep.urbandroid.org/wp-content/uploads/release/SleepWear-5.22.apk which gives me consistently RR intervals on TicWatch 5 Pro in short tests and and I got full HRV from one full over night test…

1 Like

@petr-urbandroid I tried apk install with bugjaeger again (see my cross post in Better Sleep Statistics with question to you and Pic of my Ticwatch Pro 5 Enduro showing Sleep app info as Version 5.16) this time with 5.22 the sideload said it uploaded. So… I’ll try it tonight, Thanks! Sorry for posting overlapping info in two places, hope that’s ok

@raymillr many thanks, in the mean time I trying to ballance battery life and HRV on and testing this on my TicWatch 5 Pro Wear OS 4…

After some reports of issues I did test the version 5.22 also on Galaxy Watch 4 with Wear OS 4 and it seems to be working well…

HRV shows up again on my Ticwatch Pro 5 Enduro, yeah! I’ll keep monitoring it.
Thank you @petr-urbandroid :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3: