Add ability to enable/disable alarms via tasker plugin

Is the guy, who posted the script you are using on the same Android version as you? You mentioned, it stopped working for you after you updated to Android 14 in the first post on this thread.

We have no reports on broken intent API so far. Also, there were no changes in this code for many months.
Which version are you on?

i noticed it stopped working about the time that my phone updated to Android 14, but weather due to this or something else i can not say for sure. i have no idea about any other device running this command
@lenka-urbandroid

We had not implemented any changes in the intent API for many months, it could be almost a year now. So no changes in the Sleep app. No users reported troubles with the intent API so far.

@lenka-urbandroid
so where do i go from here to resolve the issue?

ok this works to enable:

but this does not work to disable:

I can help you with anything in Sleep as Android app. But I cannot advise on how to configure the Automate app, because that is not my expertise.
The Automate app has online documentation and a forum.

If you used a shell command, that stopped working in the new Android environment, that sadly cannot be solved on our side. The intent API has not changed for a long time, as we only need to keep the API updated to match the current API level required by Google.

@lenka-urbandroid
well in my last post i showed that i have now configured so that it works to enable with
“alarm_enabled”: “true” yet the exact same intent with the only difference being “alarm_enabled” : “false” rather than “true” does not work to disable, so it would seem an issue with the app

@lenka-urbandroid

actually it seems it doesn’t matter what i put after "alarm_enable’ such as this:

The work-days alarm will always turn on when the intent is sent

nevermind this is now solved. As usual Reddit had the answer:)
this works to disable an alarm for future reference:

Hi, I am so glad you found the recipe!
Thank you so much for sharing it here, this will be helpful for others!