Add a meds reminder before sleep

Hello,

As many people, I have to take some meds just before sleeping.

And as many people I often forget it :confused:

So, I would like to have a new feature to remind my little brain I have to take my medic when I start Sleep As Android.

Thanks !

Hello Christoph, you mean something else than an alarm with the meds label? Personally I think it is better to use the calendar for this kind of use-cases, as you can define repeats very precisely etc…

Thanks for your reply Petr,

Yes it’s what I mean. My problem is I never going to sleep as the same hour, so It’s more practical for me to have a reminder just when I start Sleep As Android.

1 Like

I’d personally use this feature aswell both for before bedtime and after getting up. Something like a check list for meds that shows x amount of time before or after a bedtime or alarm. It would be convenient as whenever we offset our alarm our bedtime changes aswell meaning 2 external reminders for meds need to be changed for time both before and after being reminded.

I would definitely use this function. Using the calendar just won’t do as I go to sleep at a different time every day.

1 Like

Intriguing request! I have other reminders, but they are the same time even when I change the alarm. Perhaps an ITFTT routine?

That would be one more step up from my Alexa post alarm routine, which fires at an exact time. Again, if I forget to change the time, then the next day it will fire at 6:30 AM, when I don’t want it too. So, I think ITFTT, through Webhooks, can do that. It’s not easy, because sometimes it’s difficult to create the routine, but it’s definitely doable. Perhaps SaA could provide more “example” Webhooks recipes that we could just use? And alarm events could be a top priority?

I know it’s more than a year later, but here’s a way to do it:

Just name your morning alarm(s) “Take the meds” or something. Maybe even put a pill emoji there just to drive the point home. Configure your sleep duration goal, and enable bedtime notification. If you wish, change the notification sound to something longer to make sure you notice it.

You’ll get a notification before bed reminding you to take your pills. Side effect is your morning alarm will have the same label, so don’t do this if you suffer from amnesia and shouldn’t take them in the morning.

I actually found this out by accident, as I made a morning alarm with a similar label as a reminder and and got the bedtime notification carried over from the application settings. Neat!

3 Likes