Time in bed duration

The calculated times seem to be based off of the time that SaA thinks I was asleep and subtracts out the times it thinks I am awake. These make the sleep duration times shorter than I expect them to be. Would it be possible to have a “time in bed” or something that credits me for my attempt to get enough sleep. In my mind, I will go to bed at 12:30 and wake up at 8 and have gotten 7.5 hours of sleep, over my 7 hour goal, but instead will see a deficit because it calculated 6.75 hours of sleeping time.

On a similar note, I think it over-categorizes “awake” times than I feel is correct. I toss and turn some, but I do not get up once in bed. It surprises me to see 40-90 minutes subtracted out when I think I’ve slept straight through.

1 Like

I totally agree with this. In addition I think the effort of trying to sleep should be weighed against the deep sleep % in the regression analysis and not the total sleep time. It’s impossible to take action on the total sleep time, but it is possible to take action on the effort.

1 Like

@jiri-urbandroid any thoughts here?

What do you think @petr-urbandroid?

I am wondering if this is still able to be considered? It seems pretty straightforward as this information is already in there to calculate Efficiency and other stats. I just need to see a graph of total time in bed over time.