StressLocator disconnects when I leave the room

Hello. I’ve used the StressLocator twice since receiving it, and both times, it has disconnected (without any notification in the app) when I leave the bedroom to go to the bathroom. Is anyone else having this problem? I live in a very old stone building and I imagine that the bluetooth connection is getting lost, but why doesn’t it reconnect when I return??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BUMP

This happened again, even when I brought my phone with me. Something is not right. HappyElectronics Support is not responding. Hmmmmmm

It happens to me as well. Leave the room for a few minutes. On my return, the heart rate symbol is still flashing but at the end of sleep, there is no spo2/hrm tracking after the event. My only workaround is to remove the watch and sensor when leaving the bedroom and reapply on returning, which is less than ideal.

I just realised this is a very old post were you able to resolve the issue? How did you get those spo2/hrm graphs?

Michael, I gave up on the Happy Electronics device. Sent it back to them and received a refund. Sorry…

Now I am responding to an even older message… How did it work for you the stresslocator?
Did it work, is it working better now?

What was your experience with the stresslocator, aside from losing connection when going to bathroom?
This should be happening when you take your phone with your of course…
(This was 4 years ago, did it get better with an update maybe? I just ordered one but I’m getting nervous about the feedback here on the forums about this device…

The graphs you were asking about or coming from the sleepcloud.

Hi - I tried a number of devices - and moved away from fingertip sensors as they proved too difficult to keep on when sleeping without using tape, etc… And I tried several products. From my experience, the ticwatch 3 pro is a good substitute. I believe Ticwatch 5 is even better as it can also provide HRV data. Wellue’s o2ring is also very good for hrm/spo2 and stays on well but doesn’t provide motion data to SAA, which is critical for some functions. You could export data from the o2ring app (vihealth) to health connect and then import into SAA to compare.

1 Like

Thanks for responding.
Sadly, the screens of those TicTacs are sadly too big for me.
Though I do own a Fossil Gen6 and I decided I don’t need a Polar for HR (measurements are good enough on watch) but when it comes to O2… I’m not so sure.
When I measure manually, the watch is often not able to measure… but during the nights (looking at the graphs in saa) it measures constantly? I hope the stresslocator will work more efficiently.

I’m having a lot of trouble with the settings in saa. O2 alarm on High buzzes me awake 46 times a night.

Did you have problems tweaking the settings in saa to your likings, or is it just me?

It would be great if there was an O2 alarm that could be set manually, say…ignore everything above 90%.
Not possible with the Stresslocator? :thinking:

It’s the less than 90% of O2 measurements that I want to get an alarm for, even setting it to Low in saa didn’t help. With this setting it didn’t vibrate on 71% (don’t know if I believe this measurement, I really hope the watch is wrong!).

Non if these rings measure movement, that’s sad. So you will need a second device.

Any Idea what would happen if you wear both your watch and Stresslocator, let both track HR and O2?

SpO2 graph will use all the data.
HR graph will use all the data, and will make an average.

Unfortunately, the market with SpO2 wearables with open access to data is limited. But the SpO2 data type is relatively new, so hopefully, when the hype passes, the vendors will open the data on more models.

Do you have so many SpO2 dips during the night? Would it help to lower the repetition of the alert?
Try rotating the sensor around. The skin thickness is uneven and not all places are suitable for reading the data properly.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. Okay, it takes the average, good to know.
Yes, we need more open API!

Too many O2 dips yes, I really hope the watch measures wrong. Down to 71% and sometimes half an our not above 86% … That’s why I’ve ordered the StressLocator, can’t wait till it gets here.

I’ve tried to mess around with the sensitiveness of the O2 alert (or was that not what you were talking about, when you said “lower the repetition”?)

Maybe I just understood the setting of the O2 alarm all wrong?In my mind
High sensitivity means it alerts everything under (let’s say) 95% O2.
Low sensitivity means it alerts only with lower than (I don’t know) 90%??

I’m the queen of misunderstanding app settings :joy: So maybe you can help me understand?

Btw, I’m tattoed (hard to read O2) and manually measuring O2 often fails, so I’m wondering how the saa app can shows graphs of almost constantly measured O2 levels while sitting the day 3 out every 5 manually taken fails :thinking:

Wait! Lol! That is what you meant with repetition (I’m dutch, forgive me :joy:). High sensitivity means more measurements per night? A higher repetition?

I’m usually not this dumb, really…

71% is a really bad number, and if this is confirmed, better to see a doctor!

The sensitivity is not that easy - it is not one value for the sensitivity level. The app checks the data before too.
If I make a huge simplification - high sensitivity for low-breath alerts means the algorithms will consider more events as low-breath alerts.
Lower sensitivity means fewer events will trigger the alert - the app will think “nah, this is still good” :slight_smile:

If the sensor can read at least some data, a few gaps will be lost in the data set. The number of readings is enormous.

1 Like

Okay, thank you for explaining this to me. That makes sense to me and I’ve noticed that it isn’t as cut and dry as only the %number it receives because yesterday I had it set to Low (bc otherwise I dont sleep at all) but then it didn’t vibrate while I had a long period of low 02, see screenshot)

Ah,yes, doctors and me…hard combination. After my mom was treated as a guinea pig (and some recent stuff) I’ve lost my faith in the medical field. That’s why I’m so thankful for you guys making this app!!

Forgot to send you the screenshot, here:

That is super low and for over 3 hours! I really hope the sensor is not measuring correctly…
How did you feel after this sleep? Having low SpO2 usually causes the person to feel super-tired even after a long sleep.

1 Like

Headache, super tired, all signs of sleep apnea. I’ve begon to change my lifestyle, if that won’t change anything and if the watch was right, I probably need cpap (can’t use mpd because if periodontitis).I’ve been like this for 3 years (and I let it get worse myself by not staying fit), since I lost my mom but my guess is that it has been going on for much longer. I’ve never felt fit after sleeping. It was my normal but now I am wondering what normal is. Maybe it’s not normal to feel like this.