Edit Sleep Time

Sometimes I forget to turn on the sleep tracker. Then the app thinks I hardly slept. Is there av way to edit this?

2 Likes

Sure, you can add a manual sleep record to account for the untracked time:
Go to graphs screen and add a new record using the plus button.

You can also edit the graph:
Please go to the graph detail screen, there you can use your finger to select any portion of the recording and tap the trash can icon at the top to get rid of the redundant part.

@jiri-urbandroid I read about sleep efficiency scores. Since it is based on the ratio of the time spent in bed sleeping/total time spent in bed I would like to be able to edit the initial part of the tracked time and mark it manualy as “awake” (I find it quite difficult to fall asleep). I have been just deleting those initials periods the next morning but deleting them affects the efficiency parameter. Is there a way to do it?

Also, when I have those long faling asleep periods I sometimes reach for the phone to see the time etc. When I do this, the app pauses tracking and the next morning I see those “pauses” icons on the graph. If the app knows that I have been using the phone and that I was awake (“pause” mark is saved) why it does not consider it as awake and does not show high green “awake” bar on the graph?

I am a beginner user. Please, explain that to me.

1 Like

First question: Why would you want to delete the important statistics on how long it took you to fall asleep? It does count in your efficiency score, as far as I can tell. And every without that, you get information on the usual amount of time it takes you to plunge into sleep.

Sleep As Android is not aggressive in awake detection, and that’s a good thing. But when you manually pause it, you should see light green in the morning. Send the developers a bug report first thing in the morning before editing anything. It’s in the left side slideout menu as “bug report.” Always do this first so they can help you, and also improve the app.

Oh, I am just a user, but a beta tester for some time. I can only explain what I know; the developers are the ones you need to contact if you spot a genuine bug.

Again, as to the first question, I do not see the value of editing out the time it takes you to fall asleep as this is important information you can use to improve your sleep.

Hope this helps! Sweet dreams. It’s very late out here. Time to try to sleep.

1 Like

Hi Robin, actually my question was how to edit the falling asleep period time on the graph so that the app knows I was awake and not asleep. Initially, after the set tracking delay (for me 10 mins) app was starting to track and treated data as me being asleep. This is why I needed to manually set part of the data as awake. There was no such an option and I was only able to delete (using scissors) data so that at least the duration of the sleep is correct. Few days after my question I noticed that scissors changed the way it works and I was able to delete data or set it as awake, as I needed. Overall, problem solved.

2 Likes

I am trying to delete the period of time that I actually woke up before the time the graph shows that I woke up. I woke up about an hour before what the graph shows. I selected the time I wanted to delete and hit the scissor icon, but nothing appears to change?

2 Likes

What’s your phone model, OS, skin over the OS, etc.? I don’t think they can troubleshoot it without all that. Also, upload to Sleep Cloud to see a lot more information. And the next time that happens, IMMEDIATELY send a bug report so they can see your actions. Slide out the left hand menu, and hit “report a bug,” way down on lower part of the menu items. It will throw on a popup for you to explain the exact problem, and tell them that it’s the last thing that you did so they can easily find it in the log. The log is very “code-y” like, so if you view it, there’s so much apparently redundant stuff. Anyway, another popup will ask you which email client you wish to use. A new email will pop up, with the log attached and you can still add information to the email if you forgot anything. Then hit Send. Then you’ll get a form letter back automatically. Within several days to a week, depends on how overwhelmed they are with the new stuff they’re always adding to the app. Be patient; they always get to you and they are always, polite, sincere, and eager to help. Seriously, really super nice and caring guys. They will figure this out. Just need patience.

As for what you’re experiencing, I never had that happen. My phone is the marvelous good old Note 8, Android Pie 9.0, latest update, skinned by Samsung’s One UI. My accessories are a Pebble Time watch and for HR, the Scoche Rhythm 24. They need to know that, too. Are you using Sonar, the Sleep Phaser, a band or watch and which one, and what tracks heart rate? Do you track on the bed directly (I seriously don’t recommend that - battery heat, you know)? That information is always necessary to let them know what they’re dealing with and what your options are to resolve the problem.

This applies to EVERYONE. So, even if you have a solution by now, others can read this and know how to get their report to them the way they need it.

rjm