Alarm option to automatically ring early when there is enough sleep

From Matej dro on 2016/05/23 10:42:25 +0000

Lets say we have this situation:

• I went to sleep at 00:00
  • My Alarm is set at 10:00
  • My ideal sleep length is set to 8 hours.
  • This alarm has “ring early when you had enough sleep” checkbox set (which is what this idea is about).

At 08:00, despite the fact that actual alarm is set to 10:00, Sleep as Android would see that I got to my ideal sleep length and would ring as soon as possible (within the first light sleep phase).

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/14090481-alarm-option-to-automatically-ring-early-when-ther

From Bernard Skibinski on 2017/08/13 13:24:43 +0000

This is already supported, the interface is just not convenient. Instead of hitting the normal sleep tracking button, you should open the drawer and hit "Ideal sleep length". This will start sleep tracking with an alarm when you should wake up.
You could configure your default setting so that it disables any upcoming alarms.

The normal sleep tracking button should be replaced by one that gives you multiple options: Track sleep, ideal sleep time, nap.

From Josh on 2017/04/13 18:57:46 +0000

It'd be nice to have a new alarm type even, where you set the amount of sleep you want to achieve, and it wakes you up after that has been achieved.

That way you could have that set all the tine (would address the issues others here have raised about sleep disruption, tine to fall asleep, etc), and have a separate "wake be up before X time" alarm for your schedule.

I actually found this issue looking to add a feature request for an alarm type that wakes after sleep target achieved (deep sleep or otherwise)

1 Like

From Tom on 2016/12/05 04:31:38 +0000

@ula
Your smart period solution also does not take into account pauses in the night. Many people with babies, pets, medical issues, etc interrupt sleep for 20-30 minutes once or more per night. A smart alarm should be smart and not require hacks and guessing IMO.

Also, your second solution seems to depend on OP Matej dro's feature request as a pre-requisite. Correct me if I am wrong because I am a newbie, but I believe smart periods count backwards from the alarm time and ideal sleep duration is not a factor. Your second suggestion seems to be calling for essentially a stopwatch function that starts at start of first deep sleep phase and ends after the ideal sleep income has elapsed and pauses when the user pauses, which is the OP suggestion but with an additional feature (detect sleep start time) tacked on.

From ula on 2016/10/22 08:06:12 +0000

It is already supported: set 'smart period' = 2 hrs.
Then - if recording starts 00:00, alarm is set 10:00 and 'ideal sleep income' = 8 hrs --> SaA looks for best moment from 08:00 on.
BUT
it wakes to early if you took a long time to fall asleep!
Solution would be an option to calculate period for alarms from start of first DEEP sleep phase (and not from start of recording). And same small period ~15 min for falling asleep without problems.

I've created an idea for such solution - please vote for: "start of 1st deep sleep as reference for smart alarm"

From Frasier Linde on 2016/10/14 01:38:44 +0000

The other thing to consider is, a consistent wake time is probably more important than consistent sleep length. Meaning: If you went to bed 2 hours early and slept through the night, you probably needed the extra sleep.

From Tim Sattarov on 2016/09/17 03:43:23 +0000

And use awake detection time for this

From Robin Markowitz on 2016/06/13 03:53:09 +0000

I think it already does that if you choose ideal sleep when setting your alarm. In other words, you have 3 (actually 4 w/smart wake). 1. The exact time. 2. Sunrise. 3. Ideal.

Ideal counts forward from when you pushed the sleep button and when you reach your own designated "ideal," it rings.

The only problem is if you took a very long time to fall asleep even if you added an extra offset. Or if it was interrupted in the night. Otherwise "ideal" what I believe you're looking for.