Smartwatches and Wearables - Sleep as Android

Sleep as Android supports a wide variety of smartwatches.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.sleep.urbandroid.org//devices/wearables.html
2 Likes

I think armband HR bands should be listed. They are very dependable in comparison to chest straps, more accurate by comparison to wristwatch sensors, and are comfortable. They are available from Polar, Wahoo, and Scosche. All are worn either on the upper forearm or the lower bicep.

The most important difference is that they are suited for extra long wear and are turned on and turned off by you. There’s an on/off switch. Chest straps are generally turned on by activity and they usually pause/go off without activity (as in when you fall into deep sleep).

That’s all. Just wanted to let folks know.

2 Likes

How often is this list maintained? I just received the latest Casio Pro Trek Smart WSD - F30 which has an accelerometer but, while I’m able to connect the watch to Sleep as Android, I don’t seem to be able to set the watch as the only sleep detection device–I am forced to use Sonar or accelerometer but the accelerometer option seems to only show results in test mode when the phone moves rather than when the connected watch moves. What an I missing?

1 Like

Hello David,
as Casio Pro Trek Smart WSD is Wear OS based, it is compatible.
Sleep as is compatible with all WEAR OS devices, you just need to install the companion app.
How to get there:

1. Make sure the watch is connected to the phone.
  2. Go to app list on your watch, select Play Store.
  3. Scroll past Recommended for you, Top Free Apps etc., until you see “Apps on your phone”.
  4. Scroll down until you see Sleep.
  5. Click the download button to the right. Done!

Now, you can enable the connection in Settings → Wearables → Use wearable → Wear OS .
Test the connection in Settings → Wearables → Test sensor - you should see a graph reacting to your movement (a short delay is normal, data are sent in batches).

1 Like

Thank you! Seems to work now.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Amazfit support

Hey there,
Is there any way to connect Huawei GTR 2 to the app, I’ve been using the app for a few years now and don’t want to use a different one(you have an amazing app).
But I’ve tried a few different ways(like installing different 3rd party apps) without success,would love to hear from you if there an upcoming update or perhaps a different way to connect it.

Thank in advance,
Oliver.

hi l am using Withings Steel HR Sport smart watch, and it has many sensors. Do you awesome guys have any plan to support this watch?

Hello, do you mean:
a. Huawei GT 2? This one is not possible to integrate (no API)
b. Xiaomi/Huami GTR ? We support this one through Tools&MiBand

1 Like

Thanks! I love the app on my phone and I was wondering if Im able to use it to my smartwatch that I recently bought. Its a good thing it can connect.

Withings only works with their own proprietary sleep system. So, no. Their watches have no apps. Very boring smartwatches, if you ask me. Apps are EVERYTHING. They only have their OWN apps for their OWN devices. They have released their scales to everyone, but that’s all. And it WILL tell you to “Go To Sleep” which I like. And it retieves step data. And that’s it.

But what if SaA could add some of the other Withings tracking devices, like the sleep mat on the bed? I know that’s probably next to impossible, or at least could trigger a lawsuit :scream:from Withings, so well, no.

Welcome!

Will this work with Fitbit Charge 4?

5 Likes

Does this app work with Fitbit Ionic?

1 Like

Huawei band 5 -support?

1 Like

Hi,
In the post only movobi tickwatch E and S are specified as supported. Does the app support the new tickwatch c2?

Thank you.

Hello, normally all Wear OS watches which do have Play Services on them - official Wear OS from Google are supported…

2 Likes

Hi. Is the Xiaomi Miband still the recommended wearable? Thanks

Doesn’t seem to work with the Fitbit Charge 4 (testing sensor doesn’t seem to connect).

Support would be very welcome, though I suppose it tracks sleep on its own anyway.

4 Likes

What’s the cheapest wearable with which Sleep as Android works - tracks sleeping? Does it only work with smart watches or does it work with fitness bands also?

Hi there,

I’m using a Fossil gen 5 (Carlyle) smartwatch and it cannot connect to the android app for some reason. I do have the app installed but my wearable doesn’t show up in the app on my phone.
When I try to open the app on the watch it immediately shuts down.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Cheers!

1 Like