Wake up check

From Artur “Torriam” Solarz on 2015/01/18 00:10:24 +0000

It would be really, really lifechanging for me if sleep as android would start second alarm, after i have dismissed the first.

For example. I set would set alarm to go off on 6 AM, then go to sleep. Alarm goes off and I dismiss it and go back to sleep (without any other alarm set) and after couple of minutes, alarm starts vibrating for 10-20 secs and If i won’t dismiss it, it starts ringing again. Then whole process repeats until i finally suceed to turn it off (Also it would be great if i could set how many times i have to dissmiss Wake Up check before it goes away for good. :slight_smile: )

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/6978161-wake-up-check

From Anonymous on 2016/12/19 22:24:22 +0000

I am a very heavy sleeper so more tgan once i woke up to the alarm, got out of bed, scanned the 3 qr codes set around the house to dismiss the alarm then went right back to sleep. Please implement this I need to confirm I am awake after 5-10 min after dismissing th original alarm.

From Anonymous on 2015/03/17 19:31:18 +0000

What about an option for specific alarms to disable dismiss button? If you really woke up you will snooze it and delete the alarm, otherwise you just snooze until you really woke up

From rae on 2015/03/10 22:53:08 +0000

CAPTCHAs are not magic. I'm quite capable of solving whatever problems and even getting out of bed to scan a code and then go back to sleep, sometimes without even remembering doing so. I actually use a second app as a backup because it a. Allows me to set up to 8 captchas which may be completed to turn off a single alarm and b. Has an awake test 15 min after turning off that will restart the alarm.

From JC on 2015/02/23 22:27:15 +0000

I agree. I used an app in the past that had this feature as a notification that appeared a few minutes after turning off the alarm, and if you didn't tap the notification to dismiss it within 5 minutes, the alarm would go off again. That would be a great future to bring to this app

From Petr Nálevka on 2015/02/06 10:00:25 +0000

+Janis many thanks for your comment, why do you need another app for that? I think you can use a long gentle volume increase session with a backup alarm at the end for example?

You can also limit snoozing in various ways in SaA…

From Janis Froehlig on 2015/02/03 14:51:52 +0000

My sleep doctor(s) would cringe at two layers of snoozing. Snooze time really doesn't count as productive sleep. (That said, I'm using a second alarm app, and SAA plays Beyoncé's 'Sound the Alarm' at the absolute last minute.)

From Stav on 2015/01/26 08:37:06 +0000

Hi Petr, what you are offering is not the same. I suffer from the same problem. When the phone rings I snooze it for couple of times and after a while dismiss it with using captcha of course. What happens next is just an enigma because I usually find myself waking up an hour later.
When using regular alarm clock apps you can set 2 or 3 different alarms to overcome this problem but off course they don't work well like sleep as android. That is why we'll appreciate it very much if you could add the backup alarms option.
Thanks!

From Artur “Torriam” Solarz on 2015/01/18 11:37:17 +0000

I'm cheating both myself and the system, because even if i use the CAPTCHA i sometimes get back to bed just to "lie down for a moment longer" and i fall asleep.

I have set my snooze limit, but it doesn't do the trick for me, because after i reach the limit, there's no "hard wake up", something to be so persistent at waking me up so i would actually get out of the bed.

I think this wake up check is rather simple to code and it would be really nice if alarm would care if i have really got up from bed.

I believe i used some app in past that had this feature("I Cant Wake Up" perhaps?), however it did not track my sleep, which is why i moved to Sleep as Android.

Hey! I hope this thread is not too old.
I really need this feature too. It it imperative to me that there be a “Did you wake up?” feature in sleep as Android, because I am at a point where I can complete any captcha - however complicated to fall back into sleep. The Alarmy application has an option to do so

I agree, I would really love this feature. It is similar to the back up alarm, except back up doesn’t cover the scenario where you dismiss your alarm and fall back asleep by accident. I’d like to permanently switch to Sleep as Android, but this feature is so useful for me as I tend to be good at dismissing my alarm with CAPTCHA and getting back to bed.

Alarm Clock Xtreme has this feature where:

1. Your alarm rings.
  2. You dismiss it, with captcha or not.
  3. After a set time (1, 2, 3, 5, 10 min, etc) the wake up check kicks in. For me this is a full screen alarm that is silent or vibrates. But really it could have sound too.
  4. If the wake up check isnt clear, restart alarm immediately (with CAPTCHA and so on).
  5. Repeat until both alarm and wake up check are cleared.

Thanks!

1 Like

This would be a GREAT feature!

@Tyler_Hyma @euphoria many thanks for your feedback I will prioritize this…

Hi, I also want to say I am very interested in this feature I use other apps instead of sleep as android now because it doesn’t have it. But I think sleep as android is much better than the other ones, but I can’t use it without wake up check. Thank you very much