[Will implement] Tradfri Integration

From Anonymous on 2017/10/23 20:40:45 +0000

Like for Hue Just for the Not such expensive one would be nice

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/31993552-tradfri-integration

From Mikael Larsson on 2018/02/16 18:48:30 +0000

Agree with that. Any work done?

From Anonymous on 2017/12/10 19:02:00 +0000

Hello, is it possible to get functions like hue sunrise for the Ikea Tradfri system?

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/32577967-sunrise-with-ikea-tradfri

I did the original request. I should say that trĂĄdfri is a cost effecient product that most likely will be very common in many houses.

And, I do follow your forums. I think you do an amazing work communicating with your customers. I wish software companies would learn from you.

Any news on Ikea Tradfri integration?

There is still no official API unfortunately. The only thing that I could find is a python implementation of the CoAP protocol someone cracked, but that would be too much work to rewrite to Java for us to use…

So at this moment we are still waiting.

It would rally be awesome with an Ikea integration. I rally miss a sunrise ro wake up to, especially during the winter months.

1 Like

There are many apps in the Play Store with TrĂĄdfri Integration. I think, there has to be a solution

Ikea also Interface with the Google assistant if that would help with API?

Tradfri integration is underway!

Hello, Tradfri integration is now in the latest BETA… we would really like to see any feedback on how it works for you…

Hello @petr-urbandroid/ @jiri-urbandroid, I would be happy to BETA test this and give feedback. Could you or someone from the support team provide me with in an invite link to join the BETA group, thanks.

Hello George, Tradfri support in now in the 100% production release… You will find it under Settings > Smartlight > Phlips HUE / IKEA Tradri…

It’s great to see this feature land. Unfortunately for me it does not seem to work: When I press the test button, nothing happens even though I am connected to the bridge. Should I be able to select the light bulb that can be turned on?

I would gladly provide more debug output If needed.

Hello @jwhsbdjsj you tap on Philip HUE/Tradfri disconnected… than the app looks on your local network (wifi is required) to find the bridge… you need to way for up to 1 minute. The bridge should show in the list… when you tap it you rare asked to scan the code on the bridge and then immediately the screen to select lights is shown. Where in this process did you end?

Thank you for explaining the process. In the settings dialog I immediately see the bridge, tap on it and enter the QR code. Then nothing happens for approx. 30 seconds. Afterwards I get the message that no devices have been found and am offered to rescan.

Tried the same process via entering the IP + code with the same result. Would a logcat output help in any way? I can even see the list of lights in logcat but don’t see any list in the app itself.

EDIT: Good progress: After picking up my phone it suddenly showed the list of bulbs, apparently it just took a lot of time. After selecting multiple bulbs, the test button triggered one of them after 1 minute, but the other bulbs stayed off.

Device: Pixel 5, unrooted
Sleep as Android Unlocked

Hello @jwhsbdjsj we havce just tested it and in our setup it takes just few seconds to show the list of lights, this really depends on the local network setup so I’m not sure if we can somwhow debug this without being able to reproduce it…