[DONE] Remove custom and any tags from tag options

From Ken Gribble on 2015/11/10 14:58:07 +0000

A tag management screen that allows you to remove and rename tags. Sometime people misspell a custom tag and want to correct it or change the tag name.

Removing all the tag choices, leaving only those used makes finding your tags easier.

Tags could be “archived” for later use. For instance, someone might not have a baby now, but 9 months later they need that tag.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/10629708-remove-custom-and-any-tags-from-tag-options

From Azure Jane Lunatic on 2017/04/23 17:15:34 +0000

I just today learned that smarter things will happen if I enter #cpap_partial rather than #cpap-partial, and #med_tz or #med_ns rather than #med-tz etc. I would love to be able to change this in one place (and possibly from a keyboard) rather than on every record one by one for months and months from a phone screen.

1 Like

From Kraesmom on 2016/10/29 16:49:19 +0000

I don't want to remove a tag from existing records, I want to edit and existing tag so that it is spelled correctly in all records to which it is currently attached.

1 Like

From Anonymous on 2016/05/16 13:04:56 +0000

I would love for #f, an accidental deletion of "ood", to go away but it is seen in #food which means it is never going to go away. Editing tags would be really nice.

2 Likes

From Juhana Heino on 2015/11/28 12:10:47 +0000

I would also like to have a location tag editor, the app thinks that hotel I sleep frequently is my home and my home is then something else. And there is no way of changing that as far as I know,other than every morning manually change.

1 Like

From Petr Nálevka on 2015/11/11 16:37:28 +0000

If you do nothing the tag will disappear by its own over time. We consider usase frequency of tags over the last ~month to consider them in the list.

If you also want to get rid of the tag at the related records (in case this was an error or typo), simply search for the tag using the search text field, long press the resulting graphs, choose edit and long press the tag button in order to remove it from that record…

1 Like

From Ken Gribble on 2015/11/11 16:33:56 +0000

How do I delete a tag so it won't show up in the list anymore?

1 Like

Agreed, It is a pain to scroll through a bunch of tags that are irrelevant to me. Just being able to reorder tags so I can easily track the things I am interested in would be great

1 Like

From Jonny on 2019/02/16

I’m big into tags and using them to help me learn what things I do affect my sleep and how. I cannot edit or delete tags in Sleep as Android, which has rendered it basically unusable to me at this point because it’s the tags are so crowded and hard to read.
Even in landscape, the information would be MUCH clearer and easier to understand if the tags were sorted by highest to lowest, instead of alphabetically… Some of them are now junk tags and I wish I could delete them.

2 Likes

I would like to delete/disable the automatic #newmoon tag!

1 Like

Why is taking so long to implement such an essencial feature?

I’d like to delete tags that I’m never gonna use, like the “#baby” one.

Also, it’d be very helpful to be able to organize tags; so the ones that I use the most, would be in the left (beginning) of the list, making them easy to select and saving time every day.

4 Likes

Hi all, I’m just release a very simple way to rename or delete tags into the latest BETA version 20210301…

This is how it works:

1 Like