Option to make "save battery" mode as default

From Anonymous on 2015/04/26 15:53:37 +0000

I need the option to make battery saving mode as default for every sleep. Currently the battery saving mode can only be chosen after I starts tracking. Give us an option so only the smart alarm is turned on without tracking.
My tablet always drain 25% to 50% if that mode is off. This almost make my tablet useless for the day. But I do love the app and its smart alarm feature.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/7712340-option-to-make-save-battery-mode-as-default

From Anonymous on 2017/02/13 18:37:34 +0000

+ 3 to this idea, I simply want to record the hours I sleep via s health, so even if this only uses like 5% of battery in my device, I would prefer to use even less since I don't really need the detailed data or smart alarm.

1 Like

From Petr Nálevka on 2016/12/28 13:00:07 +0000

+Jon many thanks, we are considering this. But please note that this is not just about smart wake up… in general sleep tracking should consume reasonable resources of your phone and you can always charge during sleep tracking, we even have the sonar feature or smart watch tracking which allows you to not have the phone in bed anymore and the actrigraph can be a valuable source of additional data. Moreover with smartwatches we are able to track your sleep length more precisely as we do awake detection (latest BETA version)…

Still we are considering this for addition…

From Jon Ball on 2016/12/24 03:39:18 +0000

Please add quickly! This would be a simple addition. I love this app and I want to use the sleep tracking to simply track my time. I don't use the Smart Alarm feature. I realize that's the central point of Sleep as Android, but I've tried it and it just isn't what I need. This is my favorite sleep app for tracking and alarms, but it is cumbersome to turn on Save Battery every night, especially when I'm falling asleep already!

From Vesal Vojdani on 2016/08/28 07:09:40 +0000

I wish there was an easy way to just turn activity tracking and all smartness off globally. I would even pay for a lite version with all this actigraphy removed from the app. That's how badly I want this.

From Vesal Vojdani on 2015/11/25 07:22:22 +0000

Smart alarm requires movement tracking. That's the entire point of being a smart alarm. How else is it supposed to know when you are in light sleep. However, I still support this feature and gave it 3 votes. I don't want movement tracking for the smart alarm to be recorded in the stats.

From Anonymous on 2015/07/20 14:31:11 +0000

Please, add it as soon as possible :slight_smile:

From Anonymous on 2015/05/29 05:26:42 +0000

I second this idea,but not because of the battery drain. It's just how I use the app. Sometimes I go weeks without using sleep tracking, sometimes I want to put my phone on my desktop so I have to stand up to turn it off. I still like the ability to see how much and when I sleep.
Please add this! And if you don't we still have the battery save option. This would just be nice
Thanks!

From Anonymous on 2015/04/26 16:00:27 +0000

Just posted this feature request in a morning with my tablet battery very low because of this. Frustrated.

I really miss this feature and it’s really frustrating you can’t have it. Especially when it seems it would be easy to add it since you can already turn off tracking manually.

Hi, sorry for the overlook - this feature is included in the app currently.

To use tracking only for smart alarm, without overnight tracking, please set Settings > Sleep tracking > Smart wake up > Start automatically to Smart period.

It’s not the same. Doing that won’t save when you started to sleep.
This feature is for starting sleep tracking without tracking anything but the time you started to sleep and when you woke up. (Right now you have to start sleep tracking and manually select save battery)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.