Keep tracking and vibrate if the user falls asleep again after turning off the alarm

From Kamhagh on 2016/12/11 23:04:27 +0000

I keep falling asleep again right after turning off the alarm with no memory of how it happened a few hours later! I would like it of you could keep tracking for 30 more minutes and making sure I won’t fall asleep again. If I stayed emotionless my watch could just vibrate.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/17400784-keep-tracking-and-vibrate-if-the-user-falls-asleep

From Damo on 2017/11/27 10:04:01 +0000

Perhaps I (or devs) have misunderstood the request, but it does seem a little odd that this is missing. Perhaps not the vibrate part, but at least the option of "continue to track sleeping" if you don't want to get up just yet. This morning for example, the alarm went off, but I didn't have a great night's sleep and figured I'd have an extra hour… that isn't so unusual, is it? Why wouldn't the option be available to dismiss alarm and continue tracking, have another hour etc.?

From Marcus on 2017/08/27 13:01:06 +0000

You can add an extra alarm. If I have to go to work early, I've always an alarm for absolutely last minute. Alarm tone at maximum volume and another alarm tone that you don't have in your "normal" alarm.
Also, set bedtime alarm so you get your hours of sleep

From Varun on 2017/08/08 15:01:40 +0000

I guess this CAPTCHA feature is not effective without switch off or reboot prevention

From Mac on 2017/04/06 07:53:27 +0000

Sometimes I sleep in. Regardless of whether that's something that should happen I would like to be able to track when it happens and what my sleep is like when I do. More information would help me decide if it's a high priority in terms of ways to improve my sleep and would help me to go about addressing it if I decide to.

From Anonymous on 2017/02/25 14:05:57 +0000

I don't know if it's you. It might be a bug. There have been a few times where I wake up an hour late because apparently I turned it off in my sleep.

1 Like

From Spencer Martin Navarra Chew (smnc) on 2016/12/30 07:10:03 +0000

The CAPTCHA feature is great, however I have (on occasion) managed to get through the simple math problems (my prefered method) and fall back asleep without fully waking up.
Unforunately I'm on the road enough that the QR or NFC mthods aren't practical.
What I generally fall back on when I need to make sure I'm up is setting a pair of alarms: the first with a simple CAPTCHA and the second, 10 minutes later with a more complex CAPTCHA.
Getting more sleep would be the best idea, but isn't always possible. A "backup" feature of some kind would be of great interest to me as well.

From Janis Froehlig on 2016/12/24 15:13:09 +0000

I use a seperate alarm. Lately it's been my tablet, which is across the room, running Sleep As Android with alarms set, but sleep tracking disabled.

Petr is right. If you really are that driven to stay asleep, you're not getting enough. What's frustrating to me is the lack of societal understanding that you're most likely doing that to yourself to get other basic needs met. Unfortunately, your best bet is to sort out your needs and reassess how (with whom, why, where) you're meeting them. Just trying to force yourself to go to bed earlier for most people ends up being a stressful and fruitless battle. It's worth a week or two if you haven't tried it, but it doesn't help to keep beating yourself up over it.