Cooperate with withings

From Patrik Zedendahl on 2015/04/18 06:55:18 +0000

Withings app and weight scale is great. They cooperate with sleep app providers. Become one of them.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/7612140-cooperate-with-withings

From Zach Zielke on 2016/09/07 23:15:56 +0000

I agree that would be amazing. Withings has a pretty awesome, comprehensive health dashboard. Sleep as Android could contribute to an entire health pillar.

From Dave on 2015/08/08 23:08:31 +0000

+1

From Brad Ashing on 2015/07/15 22:25:48 +0000

+1

Are the developers in dialogue with Withings about this, or are you too much of competitors for this to ever happen?

@lenka-urbandroid, FYI :slight_smile: I found one maker, that might fit the profile.

It looks like Withings is one of the few hybrid smartwatch makers that provide an open API for developers. They do require registration to use the API which is understandable. The only limit is 2 requests per second. Could this be a limiting factor?

Using this API, developers have the ability to access data stored in the Health Mate app for users having gave them prior consent, including weight, body fat, activity, sleep, blood pressure and heart rate, and to integrate them into their services.

Quote from documentation’s index page:

• The API is public.
  • It only requires you to register your application.
  • The request limit is 120 requests per minute per developer app (if you call a service for a first user and then for a second user request counter will be increased by 2 requests).

Hello,
the API Withings provide is not for accessing the data from sensor in real time, but only allows to download the data from their app. These data are already aggregated - we need the access to raw data.
And there is also the limit 120 requests per minute per developer app - this means only maximally 120 users could use this at once…

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying! I mis-read indeed.

That’s abysmal! I suppose more than 120 requests is a way of monetising the API, but that’s only a speculation.

Anyway, the search continues.